Thursday, November 18, 2010

Canada's True Symbols

Inspired by my last post, I spent some time thinking about the true symbols of Canada. Here's what I came up with:





Canada's National Weather
Anything dealing with snow, ice, or frost bite.





Canada's National Citizens
Hosers, Canucks, Newfs, Capers, Bluenosers, Islanders... you get the picture.

Canada's National Liquidation System
Beer- it's like their version of water.



Canada's National Religion
Conservative Hockey- though there are variations


Canada's National Pride and Joy
Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, or any other remotely famous NHL player.


Canada's National D-Bag
Don Cherry. He has such a problem with hockey players and their excessive celebration, but he's allowed to wear those excessive, loud, vibrant suits? Maybe he should analyze figure skating. He would fit in considering his attire. (Credit to my mom on this one).


Canada's National Export
Maple Syrup- I think they are considering swapping out the gravy in Poutine and replacing it with syrup.


Canada's National Dental Arrangement
Missing at least one tooth. What do you expect when all they do is play hockey and rot their teeth away by eating syrup.


Canada's National Attitude
Polite to the point that it's unhealthy.



Side note- when I went to look up some ideas of what Canada's known for I came across this on yahoo answers- I bet you can guess what country this person lives in:









No comments:

Post a Comment